Monday, 17 March 2014

Artist Feature: The Wonderful work of Linette No

I recently came across the beautiful work of Bordeaux based French artist Linette No on her Behance profile. I love her style and especially her new 'Bouquet' series which features these lovely flora and fauna illustrations...

1. How did your business come about (and when did you start)?

I worked freelance from 2001 until last year, and my work was very different then. Moving to the country in 2010 has greatly influenced the new direction I have been working in.


2. Can you give a quick insight into your working method? (ideas, techniques, etc.)

I get my ideas in the garden, on walks. I watch the little creatures and I focus on the detail of plants.
I then do some research, make various sketches and then I finalize most of these sketches. The coloring is mostly done on the computer.



3. What has been the hardest single obstacle to your life in design (apart from a shortage of time, which seems to be universal amongst creatives!)?

Remain constant in my work (the job I have now leaves me little time). Continuing a drawing where I had left it is not always easy.


4. Who do you admire (other artists/designers; other people generally) and what/who are your biggest influences, past or present?

Many, many artists, and each time I go online I find more. To name a few: Roger Duvoisin, Brian Wildsmith, Edward Gorey, Rob Dunlavey, Kitty Crowther and Atak


5. Describe your creative space

A room in our house work (a mess in a mess ;-) ) and in the garden when the weather permits.



6. What is the best piece of advice you've ever been given?

A piece of advice that was given to me in art school and that I have remembered ever since:
"Do things properly, or don't do them at all."


You can keep up to date with Linette's work here...


(all above images are © Linette No)